Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bittersweet by Sarah Monk

****4 stars
I saw this book and thought it looked cute. I love Little Black Dress books for a bit of escapism. I thought this looked like a cute little romance. I was wrong as it was so much more in depth and touching. I loved the characters and where I was hoping to have a book I could put down, as I have a busy week ahead, found I had to devour it in under a day. It truly will touch the heart.

Book Jacket Summary:
Nell and Ange have their whole lives mapped out with their fiancés – brothers Marcus and Justin. But when a trip to Prague goes pear-shaped, the plane brings them back down to earth with a bump. Desperate for a change of direction, Nell sacks off her job and her sorry excuse for a boyfriend, and sets off to see her much-loved Aunt in Cornwall with Ange in tow. The girls soon settle into village life – Nell opening up her own cake shop and Ange pulling pints (and men) as a buxom barmaid. But not everything in this quaint seaside town is quite what it seems..

No comments:

Post a Comment