Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Watching Willow Watts by Talli Roland


***3 stars
I see that this book has gotten pretty great reviews. I liked the book but it took me some time to get into, which for Tali Roland is different for me. Let me also say that I have had so much going that I had to put the book down for a good amount of time and pick back up. I am definitely gonna come back and reread it again, as I said it was a great read, just a slow starter.

Book Jacket Description:
For Willow Watts, life has settled into a predictably dull routine: days behind the counter at her father's antique shop and nights watching TV, as the pension-aged residents of Britain's Ugliest Village bed down for yet another early night. But everything changes when a YouTube video of Willow's epically embarrassing Marilyn Monroe impersonation gets millions of hits after a viewer spots Marilyn's ghostly image in a frame.
Instantly, Willow's town is overrun with fans flocking to see the 'new Marilyn'. Egged on by the villagers -- whose shops and businesses are cashing in -- Willow embraces her new identity, dying her hair platinum and ramming herself full of cakes to achieve Marilyn's legendary curves.
But when a former flame returns seeking the old Willow, Willow must decide: can she risk her stardom and her village's newfound fortune on love, or is being Marilyn her ticket to happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment