Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Proposal by Tasmina Perry

****4 stars
I had seen alot of advertising for this book and was looking for a book to read. I haven't read a Tasmina Perry book. I really liked this book with the two intertwining stories. I loved the characters and found myself taking this book slow and enjoying it. I will definitely have to look into other books by Perry, if they are well written as this one, I have a new author to add to my favorite list :)

Book Jacket Summary:
When Amy Carrell's wealthy boyfriend ends their relationship just before Christmas, she's left to nurse her broken heart alone. With nothing to lose, she replies to an advertisement requesting a companion for a mysterious 'Manhattan adventure'.
Whisked off to New York with eccentric British aristocrat Georgia Hamilton, Amy experiences a glamorous side of the city that she's never seen before. Along the way, Georgia initiates her protegee in the arts of old-school elegance.
But as Georgia shares her life lessons, Amy discovers a painful secret in her mentor's past. A secret that shattered her future. A story of love and betrayal that only Amy has the power to put right.

No comments:

Post a Comment