Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Wedding Countdown by Ruth Saberton

**** 4 stars
I really liked this book. When I read the description I thought it sounded like something new, so I gave it a shot. I noticed that Saberton had help from Sofia Latif, I am already a fan of Saberton;s so it was nice to see something different. I truly loved the characters and the whole story. I am not as familiar with the Pakistan heritage and lifestyle and felt I came away with a bit of an understanding. No matter the ethnicity the dating story is the same, expectations and all. I would definitely pass this onto a friend and hope if you are reading this, that you pick it up, as it's a great read. Can't wait for another Ruth Saberton book.

Book Jacket Summary:
Parents may think they know best, but sometimes daughters know better…
Mills Ali has her dream job writing for a magazine and a social life busier than the London rush hour. Everything's good except for the husband sized shadow looming on the horizon. With a year’s countdown to her arranged marriage, Mills is on a mission to choose her own husband. Just how hard can it be? She's bound to find her soul mate.
But is he closer than she thinks? Or do her parents know best after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment