Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Story of You by Katy Regan

****4 stars
This was a great book. One of my favorite parts of this book, other than the content would be the great suspense. This book begins and you are given glimpses of the past. Because the main character doesn't fully tell the whole story until much later you are left assuming and wondering the true nature of the past and how it brought her to this point in life, having the reactions to life she has. I know that sounds all stealthy as well, but I don't for one minute to give the game away....Just read it ;)

Book Jacket Summary:
Your past will always be part of you, but does it have to define your future? Or can you rewrite your story?
I want to explain it all to you. How this happened. How that summer – the summer I was 16 – made me the person I am today.
I want to share my memories with you: the happy memories are like sunbursts, sparkling on the sea. But then, like a current dragging me under, there's that summer of 1997.
The summer my life exploded.
The summer I had to grow up.
The summer you came into my life.
And so this is the story of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment