Thursday, April 23, 2015

Single Woman Seeks Revenge by Tracy Bloom

***** 5 stars
Ok, Let me start off by saying "WOW". I started this book and in the first chapter I am thinking, ok just another Chick lit book and will probably be predictable. I have never been so wrong about a book lol. This book was fresh and actually funny. I found myself laughing and thinking what creative ways to get revenge. I even had to share some of the Dear Susie letters with my husband. I loved how Bloom brought in our knowledge of RomCom movies and incorporated them into how we find ourselves growing up and wanting that scenario to happen. Personally, I always loved The ending of Pretty in Pink with Blane McDonnagh walking up to Andie and saying "You don't need to me to say I'm sorry... You told me you couldn't believe in somebody who didn't believe in you. I always believed in you.I just didn't believe in me. I love you……Always." ;)
If you are looking for a great read that will grab you almost straight away and make you feel as though you are reading a fresh perspective of women's fiction, this is your book! I look forward to reading more by Tracy Bloom. She is now 2 for 2 on good solid reads, as No-one Ever Has Sex on a Tuesday was another great read :)

Book Jacket Summary:
What do you do when you find your love-life in ruins? Get revenge on every man who ever broke your heart of course....
Suzie Miller, a disillusioned agony aunt, can't believe she's been dumped from a great height yet again (this time by text, straight after they've had sex... twice!). So she decides the time is right to make every one of her exes feel the pain she felt when they carelessly cast her aside.
Her methods are unusual but humiliation on a grand scale is no less than they deserve.
Euphoric that she's finally stood up for herself she starts suggesting outrageous ways for her readers to deal with their relationship nightmares too. Suddenly everyone wants Suzie's advice. Finally content with being single and enjoying her blossoming career it seems as though happiness is within her grasp. That is until a man gets in the way.
Single Woman Seeks Revenge is a romantic comedy with a kick: a kick up the backside to any man who believes he got away with treating a woman badly and to any woman who doesn't fight back.

No comments:

Post a Comment