Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Do, I Do, I Do by Samantha Scott-Jefferies


***3 stars
Let me start off by saying that you should have the follow-up book "The Final Hitch" ready to go for when you finish this book. I Do, I Do, I Do is a cliff hanger book that you are questioning what is going to happen next. Fortunately, I do have this on hand and am gonna start that now. I really liked Izzy, the main character, and thought she was almost two different people in this book, which I found very realistic. The location Majorca, is beautifully described. The book dealt a lot with weddings. The weddings were well thought out and detailed as this was Izzy's day to day routine. I did feel that we never really got to see what Izzy was thinking or feeling or was she home sick? Occasionally there would be a little insight, but I felt as though Izzy was all work and was wondering where the plot was going to go... I would have liked to seen more of her getting to know the area and forging relationships with the locals. I do have to say that the book is fast-paced and you will find yourself enjoying it. :)

Book Jacket Summary:
Romance, revelations and fun in the Mediterranean sun

Isabelle needs to get away from it all. With a boss from hell and a boyfriend so elusive he’s almost non-existent, life’s looking pretty drab. Then a humiliating cock-up costs Izzy her job and things seem so grim not even a shopping spree can lift her spirits. What’s a girl to do? Six months as a wedding planner in Mallorca could be Izzy’s answer. If she can’t make it work with a man, at least she can help make other women happy with theirs. But when love is in the air, things don’t always go the way you plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment