Friday, April 8, 2011

Nice Girls Do by Sarah Duncan

***3 stars
This was a slow starter for me. It took me til about half way through the book to truly be pulled into the story, once it did, it really gripped me. It was a good book, but wasn't my favorite by this author. I really liked the interest in historic gardens as it was a new concept to me, but didn't take the book over either. A nice read but "Kissing Mr Wrong" still my fav by this author.

Book Jacket Summary:
Anna can cope with gardens, especially the historic ones it’s her job to research, but when it comes to love and relationships she has lost her way, following the collapse of her short-lived marriage. Then she meets Oliver, destined to inherit a magical eighteenth-century house and garden from his ageing grandmother, and a man who, unlike her, is more interested in the future than the past. But is Oliver’s interest in Anna entirely straightforward, or does he have a secret agenda? Will, the gardener, claims he has, but then Will has secrets of his own, and a past as mysterious as the garden he looks after. As Anna gradually deciphers the secret history of the garden, she realises that only by learning to read the messages will she find a way through the wilderness to the hidden heart at the centre, and discover where her own future happiness lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment