Monday, April 25, 2011

Walking Back to Happiness by Lucy Dillon

**** 4 stars
This is my second book by Dillon and it did not disappoint. I truly loved the characters and the plot. It had a sad subject of death and I was truly worried that I would have to put it away as we are dealing with a family member fighting for her life. I was worried that this was too close to home as I was hoping to escape from this as I am reading, but found the story great and hows an understanding of how the person grieving is feeling. I loved how Juliet found herself again and how she found strength. Many of the books I have read I feel that they really shouldn't be categorized as chick-lit because they truly have so much more depth. I would definitely classify this book as that. It is a must read with strong character as well as more than one story line going at a time.

Book Jacket Summary:
Juliet's been in hiding. From her family, from her life, but most of all from the fact that Ben's not around anymore.
Her mother Diane has run out of advice. But then she insists Juliet look after her elderly Labrador and it becomes apparent that Coco the dog might actually be the one who can rescue her daughter.
Especially when it leads to her walking dogs for a few other locals too, includign a spaniel, Damson, who belongs to a very attractive man...
Before she knows it, Juliet realises she has somehow become the town's unofficial pet-sitter. A job which makes her privy to the lives and secrets of everyone whose animals she's caring for.
But as her first winter alone approaches, she finally begins to wonder if it's time to face up to her own secrets? To start rebuilding her own life? And maybe - just maybe - to fall in love again?

No comments:

Post a Comment