Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Meet me at Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan

***** 5 stars
I absolutely adored the main character Issy. She was the perfect character for me to relate to. She was sweet, caring and a bit old world or as some would call it naive. She is what my brother would call a people pleaser, and I can totally relate :) I am a fan of Jenny Colgan's books and was so happy to see this released. I especially liked the added touches she put on this book. There was a wonderful preface and each chapter it seemed came with a recipe to try. I, unfortunately, am still trying to shed those unwelcome pounds, but will go back at a later date and reread this book and actually try one or two of them, as I am fond of baking. "Meet Me at Cupcake Cafe" is a heart warming story of doing what you love and doing it your way!

Book Jacket Summary:
Ever dreamed of starting over? Issy Randall can bake. No, more than that - Issy can create stunning, mouth-wateringly divine cakes. After a childhood spent in her beloved Grampa Joe's bakery she has undoubtedly inherited his talent. So when she's made redundant from her safe but dull City job, Issy decides to seize the moment and open up her own cafe. It should be a piece of cake, right? Wrong. As her friends point out, she has trouble remembering where she left her house keys, let alone trying to run her own business. But Issy is determined. Armed with recipes posted to her from Grampa, and with her local bank manager fighting her corner, Issy attempts to prove everyone wrong. Following your dreams is never easy and this is no exception. Can Issy do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment