Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Finding Monsier Right by Muriel Zagha

****4 stars
This book started off slow for me but I thoroughly enjoyed it once I had gotten into it. It has the most delicious ending and I absolutely adored the characters. One of the major draws for me was that you couldn't tell where the storyline was going and found you enjoyed the adventure along with Daisy and Isabelle. I think the only flaw for me was the french sentences that were random and I couldn't quite place what they said, I was worried I was missing something but found that it didn't seem to matter. The phrases that were key were always explained in English or responded to, so that the reader understood. A definite book to get swept in :)

Book Jacket Summary:
A tale of two cities…
Two girls…
And a life-altering swap.
Daisy’s just landed the perfect job: spending a year in Paris writing about fashion. Swapping homes with French student Isabelle seems like the perfect arrangement.
Sensible Isabelle, however, finds London bewildering. But all her assumptions about crazy English guys are overturned when she meets hunky gardener Tom.
Meanwhile, fun-loving Daisy discovers that Paris is the City of Love, and more than one Monsieur Right…

No comments:

Post a Comment