Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just say Yes by Phillipa Ashley

*** 3 stars
This was a quick paced book and a great summer read. I did feel it was a bit rushed in areas. I liked the idea of the plot and thought it had some real potential to be funny, but found that it just fell flat for me. I felt as though I knew the surroundings by description but would have liked to see more interaction between Lucy and her friends.

Book Jacket Summary:
Lucy Gibson needs to get away. When her good-looking, popular boyfriend Nick Laurentis, winner of reality TV show Hot Shots, proposes to her on air she's stunned - into silence. Every girl loves a romantic gesture, but she's just not ready for that kind of commitment. With the press hounding her as the one who callously broke Nick's heart, Lucy escapes her London flat to seek refuge in an isolated Cornwall cottage. But little does she realise that life down there will be far from uncomplicated...

No comments:

Post a Comment