Friday, May 18, 2012

One Perfect Summer by Paige Toon


*****5 stars One Perfect day well spent reading :) I chewed through this book in a day. I absolutely adore Paige Toon's books, my only problem is she doesn't churn them out fast enough for me to go through. I have actually finished a book of hers and gone back and reread it not two weeks later, because I missed the characters and book so much. I really enjoyed the storyline and liked the characters. There were a couple times I actually found myself talking back to the book out loud. I am sorry it ended so quickly. This book will be kept on my kindle, for I am sure that I will find my way back to it again.

Book Jacket Summary: 'Do you still love him?' Every second of every minute of every hour of every day...Alice is18 and about to start university while Joe's life is seemingly going nowhere. A Dorset summer, a chance meeting, and the two of them fall into step as if they have known each other forever. But their idyll is shattered, suddenly, unexpectedly. Alice heads off to Cambridge and slowly picks up the pieces of her broken heart. Joe is gone; she cannot find him. When she catches the attention of Lukas - gorgeous, gifted, rich boy Lukas - she is carried along by his charm, swept up in his ambitious plans for a future together. Then Joe is there, once more, but out of reach in a way that Alice could never have imagined. Life has moved on, the divide between them is now so great. Surely it is far too late to relive those perfect summer days of long ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment