Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Runaway Summer (Polwenna Bay 1) by Ruth Saberton

*****5 stars
I found a book by this author a while ago and I am still working my way through her books. I am always sure to lookout for her new releases. I ended up pushing this book up my quay so that I could read it as soon as it was released. I am happy to say that I was more than pleased. I truly loved Summer and many of the supporting characters, which I think we will find have their own books in the future. I wasn't a huge fan of Mo, but she redeems herself towards the end. Can't wait to read her story.
Book Jacket Summary:
Running Away…
Since leaving Polwenna Bay for the bright lights of London, actress Summer Penhalligan has tried her hardest to never look back; Jake, her childhood sweetheart, let her down terribly and the beautiful Cornish village holds nothing but painful memories. It’s only when a volatile relationship threatens to destroy all she holds dear that Summer finds herself returning to the place she knows so well.
Jake Tremaine has travelled the world but reluctantly finds himself drawn back to Polwenna Bay to run the family marina and take care of his unruly siblings. While Jake knows his attention should be on the rescuing the business, determined Ella, daughter of a wealthy hotelier, is set on working her way into his affections and beneath his sheets. The last thing Ella will tolerate is the reappearance of a rival…
As the holiday season approaches and seaside life gathers pace, Jake suspects that Summer is keeping a huge secret from him. But Summer is not the only person in the village with something to hide. Is she just an echo of Jake’s past or are there far more important matters at stake?

No comments:

Post a Comment