Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Coming Up Roses by Rachael Lucas

***** 5 stars
I adored this book. I absolutely loved Daisy and the friendship she forges with Elaine and Jo. I always laugh that I have a black thumb when I attempt to garden or keep a plant alive, but after reading this book, I wish I had a bit better luck as Lucas makes the setting so vivid you want to reach out and touch it.

Book Jacket Summary:
Would-be gardener Daisy can’t believe her luck when her parents announce they’re off on a midlife crisis gap year, leaving her in charge of their gorgeous garden. After a turbulent few months, a spot of quiet in the countryside is just what she needs.

A shoulder to cry on wouldn't go amiss either - so when Daisy comes across Elaine and Jo, she breathes a sigh of relief. But her new friends are dealing with dramas of their own…

As Daisy wrestles the garden into something resembling order, her feelings for handsome Irishman George begin to take root. Daisy’s heart’s desire − her parent’s garden − is under threat, and Daisy's forced to confront nosey neighbours and fight greedy developers. Village life is turning out to be far from peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment