Thursday, July 8, 2010

Living Dangerously by Katie Fforde


**2 stars
I hate to give this rating to this author. I have adored all her other books, and usually am almost instantly hooked. It took me a long time to get into this one. I am thinking that I just couldn't relate to the characters in this one. I definitely would choose another book by this author and I am pretty sure you won't fail. Fforde's writing and stories are so great that she sets a high bar, and this one just falls flat for me. Sorry :(

Book Jacket Summary:
Polly Cameron is happy being thirty-five and celibate, living in a small Cotswold town with a possessive cat for company and a Rayburn for comfort. After all, a relationship would only complicate things …

But Polly’s life is already complicated. In addition to her job in the Whole Nut cafĂ© and her part in the ‘Save Our High Street’ campaign, there’s her pottery career to get off the ground. Not to mention dodging the efforts everyone to find her a husband …

No comments:

Post a Comment