Monday, November 15, 2010

Single in the city by Michele Gorman


** 2 stars
While this wasn't my cup of tea per se, I have read other reviews and found it terribly popular. I just couldn't seem to get into this book. It has many witty comments, but I felt it was a bit all over the place. I kept up with what was going on but found it seemed to go on and on in one part, where another part had virtually no substance to it. It just didn't hold my attention. I am thinking I am going to give this another shot at a later date, but for now, will not be passing this one along. I hate to leave a negative comment, as the author had a very witty writing style it just didn't come together and grab me. I actually found myself counting pages and contemplating putting it down, which I rarely ever will do.

Book Jacket Summary:
It’s official. Hannah has left her friends and family in the US behind and is following her dream. To live in London. Unfortunately she's completely unprepared for what's in store. She’s going to find: 1. Her dream guy. A prince or Hugh Grant would be nice. Or does she have to settle for her half-naked Australian housemate or an "English gentleman" with terrible hygiene habits? 2. Her dream job. Something fantastic in fashion. So how has she ended up being the mini-me for an evil party planner who doesn’t even trust her to arrange the paperclips? 3. Her dream friends. But everyone in London seems to have known each other for years and Hannah’s having trouble getting to know nice people. Who’s she going to have fun with? Dream life? Should Hannah just dream on? Maybe it would have been simpler and cheaper to just get a new haircut. Was she mad to move 3,000 miles away from everyone she knows? Will she ever find love and her perfect life in England?

No comments:

Post a Comment