Monday, November 22, 2010

Tug of Love by Allie Spencer


*** 3 stars
I had previously read Spencer's book "The Not-so-secret Diary of a City Girl: Sex, scams and scandal". When I finished I immediately ordered her previous book "Tug of Love". I found that his book felt as though it dragged for me. It was a book filled of constant chaos and drama that kept the story line going, I am just not sure I really ever felt the depth of the character, so wasn't as interested as what was next to come. I at times was counting the pages to see how many til it ended. There were times where something would grab me and keep me reading, but it just never really caught me fully. Still it had a lot going on and was an ok read, just didn't pull me in as much as her "The Not-so-secret Diary of a City Girl". I still will be on the look out to see what she does next.

Book Jacket Summary:
Love, lust and litigation – a riveting romance so addictive it should be illegal!

Unsurprisingly, divorce barrister Lucy Stone is a bit of a cynic when it comes to love. And working with egotistical weasel Hugo Spade doesn’t help matters. Then Mark comes along, ticking all the boxes, and Lucy can’t believe her luck. But when Lucy has to choose between the man of her dreams and the career opportunity of a lifetime, it seems there really is no justice in the world. And the re-appearance of sexy-ex Jonathan is the last thing she needs. Is Lucy about to be found guilty of making the biggest mistake of her life?

No comments:

Post a Comment