Monday, January 24, 2011

Honey Trap by Julie Cohen

***3 stars
I much preferred Julie Cohen's last book that I read, One night stand, but found this to be a good read. I liked the character Sophie but really didn't feel like I fully got to know her. It felt like after an action the reasoning was explained. I understood why the decision made but made it lack some of the depth I was hoping for. Otherwise it was an engaging read and kept me going at a fast pace. Look forward to her next book which I have already ordered.

Book Jacket Summary:
Private investigator Sophie Tennant has realised knowing everyone’s dirty little secrets isn’t that much fun.

Retraining as an aromatherapist should rebalance her karma – or so she thinks, until she goes on tour as resident de-stresser with a rock band whose moody, magnetic frontman Dominick Steele is none other than her very first honey trap. Yes, the man she pretended to seduce in order to shop the evidence to his broken-hearted wife, spelling the end of their marriage. Dominic may be a reformed character these days, but Sophie hasn’t forgotten the games he used to play… and he certainly remembers Sophie. A little bit too well…

No comments:

Post a Comment