Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend by Lucy-Anne Holmes

****4 stars
A solid follow-up to 50 Ways to find a Lover. I really enjoyed seeing where things were going with Sarah. I was on the edge of my seat and reading as fast as I could in parts to see what was gonna happen, although deep down I knew, but enjoyed the ride getting there. I would pass this along with the first one to girlfriends as I am sure it is worth a good laugh and maybe even a second time reading through :)

Book Jacket Summary:
We kissed until it became necessary to stop so that we could breathe, by which time my lips were so swollen it looked like I’d been pleasuring a brillo pad. We grinned at each other again and I felt the urge to utter something brilliantly intellectual.
‘Have I mentioned that I’m hopelessly in love with you?’
Actress Sarah Sargeant has finally landed the perfect boyfriend. But as she leaves London for LA, Sarah finds herself morphing from the perfect girlfriend, baby voicing 'i love you's, into a nutty one who throws phones and screams a lot.
Where did it all go wrong? Was it the photo of a semi-naked ex-girlfriend doing a downward dog she found in her boyfriend's filofax? Or maybe it’s the steamy sex scene she films with the handsomest man in the world, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment