Friday, September 10, 2010

You're the one that I don't want by Alexandra Potter


****4 stars
This was a fresh and different plot line than you are used to with chic lit. I really liked it. I thought is was a bit on the original side and had me wondering what the lead character Lucy was going to do next. It is on the premise that a young couple meet in Venice during break from college don't want to be separated at the end of their trip. They go to a bridge, which has an old superstition to it about everlasting love and make their relationship destined, only years later they aren't the same people they were. I found myself telling my husband about this story as he was curious with the title name, he knew it wasn't the norm for me. When I described the book, I told him parts of it reminded me of disaster movie, you know, one of the spoofs of all the scary movies put together or right now the one Vampire sucks. Where they take all these ideas you have read upon previously and you find yourself having a giggle. It really was an inventive and cute book, that also had serious points as well. It had a bit of everything. I truly enjoyed it.

Book Jacket Summary:
How do you know that he's the one?
Are you getting butterflies just thinking about him?
Have you dreamt of marrying him?
Do you just know?
When Lucy meets Nate in Venice, aged 18, she knows instantly he's the one. And, caught up in the whirlwind of the first love, they kiss under the Bridge of Sights at sunset. Which - according to legend - will tie them together forever.
But ten years later, they've completely lost contact. That is, until Lucy moves to New York and the legend brings them back together. Again. And again. And again.
But what if Nate isn't the one? How is she going to get rid of him? Because foever could be a very long time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment