Saturday, August 28, 2010

Katy Carter wants a hero by Ruth Saberton


***3 stars
I really loved the title of this book and was quick to pick it up. I actually ended up with two copies somehow. I learned that this is a debut book for Ruth Saberton, but you can see more of her writing through her pseudonym Jessica Fox. I have read her other books under the name of Jessica fox. I like her quick writing style, but found that I was almost frustrated at time with the characters or how certain aspects took so long to be unveiled. As the reader, we caught on much sooner and wonder why Katy can't seem to catch up! lol. I think that I will definitely finish out the series of 5 books by Jessica Fox and Little Black Dress Publishing, and will be waiting to see what Ruth Saberton has for us next.

Book Jacket summary:
Katy Carter is a sucker for romance. A teacher by trade, she dreams of becoming a bestselling novelist, secretively writing a steamy historical bonk buster in staff meetings. She knows she's no supermodel or domestic goddess, but Katy fantasies about a hero of her own and she thinks she's found him in fiance James.

But when a dinner party with Jame's boss goes disastrously wrong - by wan of a manic dog a suggestively shaped cactus and a runaway lobster - Katy finds herself newly single. Determined to change her ways and win James back, she sets off on a journey that sees her living the celebrity lifestyle, selling sex toys from under a vicar's roof and finally catapulted into the arms of her true hero....

No comments:

Post a Comment