Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pictures of Lily by Paige Toon


*****5 stars
I loved this book. I don't know what it is that talked to me, but I was unable to stop reading and was anxious to get back and finish it. I loved the characters as well as the way she began the book. I have read this sort of storyline before, but Paige Toon begins this book by showing Lily moving to Australia and beginning life in a new country as a 15 year old turning 16. I was worried that it would be more of a teen lit book, but found myself delightfully surprised. It jumps to the now, and shows you Lily's life so that you can see who she is, at each time in her life. I really enjoyed this book, it had the right touch of romance and anticipation to keep me completely enthralled. It will definitely be one I pass on to a friend!

Book Jacket Summary:
"Will you Marry me?"
I think of you, then, I think of you every day. But usually int he quietest part of the morning, or the darkest part of the night. Not when my boyfriend of two years has just proposed. I look up at Richard with his hopeful eyes.
"Lily?" he prompts.
It's been ten years, but it feels like only yesterday that you left. How can I say yest to Richard with all my heart when most of it has always belonged to you? I take a deep breath and will myself to speak...

Ten years ago when Lily was just sixteen, she fell in love with someone she really shouldn't have fallen in love with. Now, living in Sydney and engaged to another man, she can't for the one that got away. then her past comes back to haunt her, and she has to make a decision that will break her heart - and the heart of at least one of the ment who love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment