Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Nobody's Perfect by Pat Ballard


****4 stars
I was a little disappointed when I received this book in the mail and saw that it was so slim. I had read the book description and went with an author I hadn't read before. Let me just say as with everything to do with this book "Sizes can be very deceiving". Although this is shorter than the normal books I read, I loved every bit of it and was sad to see it end. It was a book of being who you are and proud of it. It was warm and engaging. I guess by other reviews on books by Pat Ballard, she writes mainly about plus size characters. I was quick to buy it on that surmise alone, Jemima J by Jane Green being one of my favorite earlier books. It was a quick read, but left me wanting to read another by this author. I would have to say it is geared more toward the romance genre than chick lit, but still made me a fan.

Book Jacket Summary:
Nella Convington can't believe she's agreed to marry the arrogant Samuel L du Cannon even if it is only a marriage of convenience. He needs a mother for his small son and she needs to keep her beloved childhood home. Will she be able to stand his egotistical attitude? His domineering manner?
But Jake is such a darling little boy, and he's already captured her heart. What does she have to lose? If Sam's work keeps him on the road enough, she won't have to deal with him much at all. Maybe, just maybe, this might work.
All Sam du Cannon wants is a good mom for his son. He's had it with women. Doesn't ever plan to get involved with another woman again. That makes Nella perfect for him. He's never been attracted to a plus-size women, so if Nella agrees to marry him, he won't have to worry about being tempted to have a relationship with her.
At least, that's what he keeps telling himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment