Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chasing Daisy by Paige Toon


*****5 stars
I LOVED this book! I couldn't stop reading it. It had a great plot and was very well written. I didn't want to put it down to take care of anything around the house. I think my only complaint was I didn't realize the order in which they were written. I received my copy of this before Johnny be Good came in the mail, so I started this one. In the book it makes references to Johnny and now I wish I had read that one first. I feel that my image of him may be a bit destroyed when I start Johnny be Good and it may ruin it for me. I guess I will have to read and see.
If you haven't read a Paige Toon book, they are a must. It reminds me of the old school writing of Chick lit that originally brought me to reading this form of fiction. With the constant hidden secrets being revealed it is a real page turner.

Book Jacket Summary:
If you fall too fast...you might just crash.
"You don't have to worry about me. I have no intention of getting my heart broken again."
Of course, I'm lying. I feel like Will is chipping a little piece of it away,day by day. It's killing me...
Daisy Rogers is in love - and that's no good thing. It's not just that her very famous ex is neither our of sight nor out of mind, but that the man of her dreams, William Trust, has a girlfriend - a childhood sweetheart, no less. And as a Formula 1 racing driver, her puts his life at risk every day he goes to work.
From Melbourne to Monte Carlo, and Sao Paulo to Singapore, Daisy and her best friend Holly travel the world as hospitality girls on the Grand Prix scene. But with more secrets between them than Paris Hilton has shoes, life promises to be nothing short of a whirlwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment