Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ready or Not by Chris Manby


***3 stars
I have heard of the author and happened across this book. I decided to give it a read. I enjoyed reading it although, I found it took me a little more to get through it. The writing style and plot were good. I think that I had a hard time with the characters. I almost saw Ed as physically looking like George, Jerry's best friend in Seinfeld. I do have to say the story was the norm of chick lit and endearing. I would say a good read, but not altogether memorable.

Book Jacket summary:
Every bride is entitled to some pre-wedding jitters. And what girl wouldn't think twice about marriage when her fiance gets his eyebrows shaved off just in time to look horrendous for the photographs?
But what id it's not the ceremony that freaks you out but the happy ever after? Heidi Savage is wondering whether she can really forsake all others for macho, beer-swilling Ed. And how can a couple who've never even been babysitters be ready to start a family of their own?
Will the answer come in the form of her ex-boyfriend Steven? Gron-up, gorgeous, and good-with-children. Is Heidi's dilemma simply a case of right shoes, right dress, wrong husband?

No comments:

Post a Comment