Monday, March 15, 2010

Friday Night Cocktails by Allison Rushby


*** 3 stars
This is the first book I have read by Allison Rushby. I enjoyed this book with it's witty one liners that I found myself laughing out loud at. It was a fun read and went quickly for me. Gemma the main character starts her own website called "allmenarebastards.com", which I actually looked up and is for sale...too funny. It has a bit of suspense but you always know the direction it is heading. If you are looking for a quick, gossipy, at times funny read this is true to chic lit form.

Book jacket summary:
Two best friends, one killer hangover, and a whole world of badly behaved men - let the games begin...Gemma Barton, here - single girl and website creator. Okay, so I'm not here to decry all men as commitment phobias and complete dogs, but you know, sometimes they are. After one more date with Mr. Oh-I-Didn't-Tell-You-I-Was-Already-Engaged and a round of giant margaritas, my friend Sarah and I decided to make "the list": a chronicle of all the guys who've ever lied, cheated, or tried to have a threesome with your best friend. Well, our little revenge website seemed like a brilliant idea at the time - and soon disgruntled women all over the world were chiming in. It was great. Suddenly Sarah and I were stars, I had a male personal assistant, and all was right with the world. Or so I thought, until big trouble started brewing on my computer. There's someone out there in cyberspace who's just made me see the error of my ways. Maybe the male of the species aren't out to get me after all. Could it be time to stop listening to my inner rage queen and start listening to my heart...?

No comments:

Post a Comment