Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pink Slip Party by Cara Lockwood


*** 3 stars
I was hesitant to read this book as I have read many different reviews, which were all over the place. Many people compared this book to Cara Lockwood first book. I, however, have not read "I do, but I don't". I was pleasantly surprised. It was a fun read with the main character Jane getting herself into heaps of trouble. It reminded me a bit of Confessions of a shop-o-holic. It was a bit superficial. I didn't laugh out loud but found myself smiling and amused in certain parts.

Book Jacket Summary:
She has been handed her walking papers. Jane McGregor has just been laid off from her job designing pink slips for an office supply company. The irony is not lost on her. She's a twenty-eight-year-old art major whose last major career accomplishment was being propositioned by the company vice president. Desperate to maintain her freedom from her oddball parents, tyrannical older brother, and slacker ex-boyfriend, Jane starts sending out resumes. So what if some of them aren't exactly, well, true.
She's taking the future in stride.
When Jane's dad, a staunchly conservative believer in the cooperate dream, loses his job, and her mom goes to work for a trendy dot com, Jane discovers that the family she's taken for granted is unraveling. After a fellow lay-off victim hatches a plot to seek revenge on the office supply company, Jane must choose between living in the past and seeking out a new future. To her surprise, that future might involve a most unlikely partner in crime-handsome, funny Kyle Burton- and maybe, just maybe, a new job, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment