Monday, March 15, 2010

Hitched by Zoe Barnes


I love wedding lit. Married almost 12 years and I still read it. I know I don't understand either :) I also have a friend also about to take the plunge. I hope her preparations and actual day are less stressful and more about the two people that are coming together. No matter what, I hope she gets her inner bridezilla on so that she has everything SHE wants on her special day!
*** 3 stars
This books jacket doesn't begin to give it the depth it has or dealing with the context it covers. As it is a light read, I took it as a beach book and was highly entertained. I was happy to see that it had multiple characters that all interconnected and told their stories a bit as well. I really liked that it had a suspenseful feel about it and I wasn't able to tell exactly where it was going. I knew what was gonna happen but not what the secrets were or how things were gonna play out. I really enjoy the twists of that. I do have to say that there was one fall back for me. As I have said before there are multiple story lines going and one of them leaves you hanging. I really wanted to see that one unravel, but as I finished the book I was left saying.....What about??????

Book jacket summary:
Hitch number one....A quick jaunt to the registry office and off to the pub with a few friends to celebrate. That's all Gemma wants for her wedding to Rory. But then the parents hear the news.
Hitch number two....Suddenly her little wedding is hijacked and turned into a Hollywood-style extravaganza. Before she knows what's hit her,Gemma is stampeded into yards of frothing tulle, fork buffets for five hundred, kilted page boys and an all-inclusive honeymoon in the Maldives...
Hitch number three....And while the dress may be a perfect fit, Gemma and Rory's relationship is coming apart at the seams...

No comments:

Post a Comment