Friday, March 19, 2010

If Andy Warhol Had A Girlfriend by Alison Pace


**** 4 stars
I LOVED this book. I saw some reviews for it on Amazon and figured why not go ahead and read it. I am not real interested in art and thought there may be a chance that I wouldn't get into it, but I was WRONG! This book pulled me in and I had a hard time putting it down to go to bed. I started and finished it in under 24 hours. It is a fast paced read with many laughable parts. I really loved the main character Jane as she really grows in this book. Don't pass this one up. It is GREAT!

Book Jacket summary:
Jane Laine used to know a lot about art. But that was before she started managing a prominent gallery, and long before she met "it" artist Ian Rhys-Fitzsimmons. Jane can't seem to put a finger on what exactly is so "it" about his work. In fact, as far as she can tell, he's a big fraud and his fifteen minutes of fame should be over by now. Which could be kind of a problem- Since Jane is the one who has to accompany him on a five-month international art fair tour.
To get through it all, Jane figures she'll be a good sport and keep her critiques to herself. Until, traveling with this alleged genius from London to Rome and beyond, she starts to understand the connection between art and love- and the fact that, in both, perspective is everything.....

No comments:

Post a Comment