Monday, March 15, 2010

I am new to blogging

Hi, my name is KK. I am new to blogging. My husband has been after me for a while to blog about all the books that I have. I have been an avid reader for quite some time and find that my book collection grows and grows with no real use. I used to trade them in at the used book store but found many of the titles I was searching for were hard to find. You will find that my taste is more towards the British Chick lit genre. I do read many other authors as well, but find many of the books I want or haven't already read hard to find in the local book stores.

I figured blogging about the books that I have read and giving a summation and review would help others find a good read. I was also hoping that with some feedback I can get an idea what others thought of a book or give me suggestions for future reads. I find an author that I enjoy and read all of her works and am left wondering what my next read will be.

Let me tell you a little about myself. I am a stay at home mom that watches children for added income. I love children and naptime especially as it gives me a few interrupted minutes a day to read. I chew through a book every couple days if it is a good read and some tend to sit around longer if they just aren't pulling me in. My norm is close to 3 books a week.

I am going to tell you the book I am reading along with the book jackets summary. Then my ratings. I will give my books up to 5 stars. Let me start by telling you that I am a person unable to pick up a book and not finish it no matter how much I am not enjoying it. I am always waiting for the moment that it will grip me. It is surprising how many books have done that to me over time. I have found I am glad that I have stuck with them instead of not finishing it. I guess you hate the not knowing what happens. My 1 stars will be books I just couldn’t get through, which you will find is nearly impossible. My 2 star books are books I have stuck with and wondered why? My 3 star books were book that were entertaining and enjoyable but probably not something I would reread. This book is something that helped my pass the time and was good but not as memorable. A 4 star book is one of those books that just stick with you. It is a books that has qualities that would have me coming back to it again for a later reread. My 5 star book is a book that I adore and have stuck with me and have found most enjoyable, where I look back to for a passage or a good laugh. I will always suggest a 4 star and 5 star book to a friend! Some of the books that I will start with are previously read books or one I am currently on. If you have any books that you want to know about up from just shoot me an email or comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment