Monday, March 15, 2010

The Nanny by Melissa Nathan


**** 4 stars
Let me just start by saying I really like Melissa Nathan. I have read several of her other books. The nanny is great fun. I found that I went through this one a bit quicker than the others. I would have to say it is my favorite so far by this author. If you wanted an author that is comparable would be Melissa Hill. I always find that this is a nice tip to have. If you have read something by Melissa Hill, and enjoyed, then you know you are safe with Melissa Nathan.
I want to be sure that I don't put any spoilers in, so let me say that the summary is accurate, but there are many one liners and laughable segments throughout the book.
I think my favorite section I took from the book was.
"I am the linchpin of the modern family. I make it possible for today's woman to fulfill her potential whatever that might be, while enabling her to enjoy the perks of a family life that her partner enjoys guilt-free. I give today's children belief in themselves, teach them with discipline in the context of a fun, warm, loving home and provide them with a healthy balanced diet. I'm a diplomat, a listener, an enabler, an organizer, a juggler. I come up with a fresh, new ideas every day to keep the toughest audience in the world happy. I please a stressed mother, I accommodate a tired father, I love every child. I cook, I clean, I iron, I wash, I tidy - but I am no-one's slave because I do it for a wage."
I wonder why I love that so much :) I guess there will be a little bit of me in this blog :)


Summary on book jacket:
When Jo Green takes a nannying job in London to escape her small-town routine, complicated family and perfect-on-paper boyfriend Shaun, culture shock doesn't even begin to describe it....
Dick and Vanessa Fitzgerald are the most incompatible pair since Tom and Jerry, and their children - glittery warrior pixie Cassandra, bloodthirsty Zak and shy little Tallulah - are downright mystifying. Suddenly village life seems terribly appealing.
Then, just as Jo's getting the hang of their designer lifestyle, the Fitzgeralds acquire a new lodger and suddenly she's sharing her nanny flat with the distractingly good-looking but inexplicably moody Josh. So when Shaun turns up, things get even trickier.....

No comments:

Post a Comment