Monday, April 19, 2010

Hit Reply by Rocki St. Claire


**** 4 stars
I really enjoyed this book. It is made of emails and im's. I have read books like this before and really like them. They are quick reads. I think my only downfall with them is that there isn't more depth. I think that Hit Reply has more depth than others I have read though. We as readers are given an insight through the author usually, in the email and im's style writting you usually aren't given that. St. Claire gives us that through emails of innermost thought that the character usually deletes and decides not to send. It gives you an idea as to where the characters true feelings and thoughts are heading. It is a nice change. I also thought that the subject material in this wasn't as light, which made as a nice change. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found myself taking it everywhere for the 48 hours I was reading it, hoping for a moment to indulge myself.

Book jacket summary:
What's worse than spam, more dangerous than cyber sex, and scarier than getting a computer virus? An instant message from the guy who got away.....
Grayscale: amber fleece? is that you?
foreveramber: OMG. Am I dreaming?
What happens when a harmless Google changes to rekindled love? Someone has to draw the line between adulty and e-dultry....
to:wonderwoman
from: tmark
I think of you eveyr time I pass the video closet at work.....
remember?
to: tmark
from: wonderwoman
Sorry, Tom, I've gone down the mommy track and not even you can derail me. (I hope)
Hit Reply is what happens when female friends turn to former lovers-and each other-to find fulfillment.
foreveramber: I'm 28, in advertising, single, and you know what I need the most>
wonderwoman: You need the strength of character to survive corporate politics, the confidence to believe in your inner beauty, and a trip to the Borghese counter.
foreveramber: I need a guy who looks like Brad Pitt

No comments:

Post a Comment