Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Please Forgive me by Melissa Hill


*****5 stars
I think that this is my favorite book by Melissa Hill. It kept me ins suspense with turns all throughout it. It was almost as though there were two plots unfolding at once. Leonie moves to San Francisco after leaving her fiance. She is ready to start again. Once settled into the apartment she finds old letters and feels that she must track down the parties as to set it right. I loved how Leonie thought and knew had it been myself, curiosity would have had me up many nights as well wanting to return the letter to the rightful owner. I don't think I would have held off on the temptation of reading as long as she had tho. I also adored the supporting characters in this book. In all it was a moving and wonderfully told story. I love all of Melissa Hills books and am always waiting for her next.

Book Jacket Summary:
Leonie was in love and engaged.
But now she had fled her beloved Dublin to start again-
somewhere no one knows her, or the secret she is running from....
Settling in her new apartment she happens upon a bundle of love letters, all written by a man called Nathan to an unknown woman, and all intriguingly ending with the same three words "Please forgive me".
Moved by Nathan's heartfelt words, Leonie sets out to uncover the mystery behind the couple and what went wrong between them.
If she can reunite the letters with their rightful owner, might the love of Nathan's life find it in her heart to forgive him?
And along the way, can Leonie resolve a few forgiveness issues of her own?

No comments:

Post a Comment