Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Learning Curves by Melissa Nathan


****4 stars
As I am sure you have seen I am big fan of Melissa Nathan. This book was no different. I hated having to put it down to work or do chores around the house. It pulled me in instantly and had me in a trans as I read. I love her characters and the depth that she gives them. Nicky Hobbs, the main character, a school teacher at a primary private school, is on the fast track but torn with the question many women face, whether she is putting too much energy into work and will she have enough to build a family, and when will that day come. She was not my favorite character by Melissa Hill as she didn't seem to trust herself. There were numerous other characters as well that kept the book flowing including the triangle of love interests. Toward the end of the book I was racing to find out what was gonna happen, but hated for it to end. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend.

Book Jacket Summary:
Nicky Hobbs loves teaching at the local primary school. She's idolized by her class-in particular ten-year-old Oscar Samuels-but she's starting to find she'd quite like some adult adoration for a change....
Mark Sammuels is a frazzled single father working all the hours God gives to provide for his beloved son, Oscar. But he's unable to see that Oscar would prefer his presence to his presents once in a while.....
Ms Hobbs knows Mr. Samuels is a heartless workaholic. Mr. samuels is certain Miss Hobbs is an interfering busybody. But when they finally meet they start to discover that first impressions can be deceptive. And perhaps they've both got a bit of learning to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment