Monday, June 13, 2011

Becoming Scarlett by Ciara Geraghty

****4 stars
I started this book and wasn't sure if it was gonna be my cuppa tea. It seemed as though some of the characters were over the top or as if it were written as a play. Then as I kept reading I felt more drawn in. By the middle I was hopelessly unable to put it down. I realized that in the beginning where I felt they kept homing in the aspects of Scarlett's character were just building the anticipation of change in her you will see. I absolutely loved the characteristics and the different dynamics of the way the characters interact. It was a fresh view of an unplanned pregnancy. I was surprised at the many different feelings I went through in this book. It is definitely one to share with a friend. I also think I felt a kinship with it as the ending is something that has hit home very recently and being able to actually put into words many of the thoughts or emotions and it feel so realistic sealed the book for me. :)

Book Jacket Summary:
Meet Scarlett O'Hara - wedding planner extraordinaire - who's famous for making dreams come true.
From scuba-diving ceremonies to flamingos at the reception, her colour-coded checklists make everything look simple.
Scarlett's personal life ran just as smoothly. Until now.
Her dependable boyfriend has moved to Brazil.
She's had to give up her Dublin flat and move back home.
And she's pregnant.
Worse still, she doesn't know who the father of the baby is . . . even though she's slept with exactly 4 ½ men in her entire 35 years.
How will Scarlett cope now all her best laid plans have gone with the wind?

No comments:

Post a Comment