Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Love Capri by Belinda Jones

*****5 stars
Pure Escapism! I love Belinda Jones books. These are also books that I have gone out and scarfed up every one and held on to to read one intermittently, so I can enjoy them over a duration of time. I love how in depth they are and you feel as you are in the actual location of where she is writing about, I have many dream spots to visit thanks to her writing ;) I think one of my favorite things about Jone's writing is the way she pulls in the reader and her topics real issues. You get a real feel for her character without having her describe every aspect of her looks but a feel by her reaction to her surroundings and interaction with others, which usually have great quips! You will find yourself smiling and enjoying the journey. I wouldn't take this on vacation as you won't want to put it down and make some memories of your own, but enjoy when you need an escape in between holiday periods :)

P.S I am now reading "The Love Academy" as it supposedly has a glimpse of Kim from this book and her whereabouts and what she is up to.... ;)

Book Jacket Summary:
Kim Rees became a translator for the glamorous jet-set lifestyle. So, five years later, how come she's ended up in a basement flat in Cardiff translating German computer games in her dressing gown? Fortunately her mother has a plan to extract her from her marshmellowy rut: a trip to the magical isle of Capri.
At first Kim refuses to wake up and smell the bougainvillea, but as she starts to succumb to the irresistible delights of cocktails on the terrace and millionaire suitors, she's surprised to realise she's changing. And when she meets a man who's tiramisu personified, she finds herself falling in love. But how far will she go to win her Romeo?

No comments:

Post a Comment