Thursday, June 9, 2011

Something Blue by Emily Giffin

*****5 stars
I have to admit that I was hesitant about reading this book after reading "Something Borrowed". I don't think anyone was a huge fan of Darcy's after reading it. I do have to admit though, that with every group of friends there is a Darcy, the one that seems a bit more competitive and out for herself, where her compliments seem as though they are pointing out flaws instead of sincerely try to lift you. I will also admit that I was completely wrong about "Something Blue". I almost think it was the better of the two books, because how we got to see Darcy's way of thinking as well as her growth through out the book. I have seen many other reviews and have found that this is the case with others. So if you read "Something Borrowed" because of the release of it in theaters, then don't miss out on "Something Blue".

I also wanted to add that if you watched "Something Borrowed", but didn't read, you really must. The adaption was cute, but the character Ethan didn't stay true to the character that Emily Giffin wrote, in my opinion, which you will find hard to follow in "Something Blue", read both, you won't be disappointed. :)

Book Jacket Summary:
Darcy Rhone has always been able to rely on a few things: Her beauty and charm. Her fiance, Dex. Her lifelong best friend, Rachel. She never needed anything else. Or so she thinks until Dex calls off their dream wedding and she uncovers the ultimate betrayal. Blaming everyone but herself, Darcy flees to London and attempts to re-create her glamorous life on a new continent. But to her dismay, she discovers that her tried-and-true tricks no longer apply--and that her luck has finally expired. It is only then that she can begin her journey toward redemption, forgiveness, and true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment