Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Johnny Be Good by Paige Toon

*****5 stars
I have had this book sitting in my library but haven't read. I had made the mistake and read "Chasing Daisy" first where Johnny makes a guest appearance and after seeing him through Daisy's eyes, I didn't care to pick up the book as quickly. I recently read the preface for "Baby Be Mine" that is due out this summer and realized that it was the follow up to "Johnny Be Good" and knew that I needed to get on reading it. I am so glad that I did take the time. I loved this book as I do all of Paige Toon's books. They are such wonderful reads that have you completely escaping and forgetting the time and everything else around you. I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy to Johnny and his bad boy ways, but found myself pleasantly surprised. I can't wait til her new release "Baby Be Mine" comes out. I will definitely purchasing the day it becomes available :)

Book Jacket Summary:
If your boss was the hottest rock star on the planet, would you mix business with pleasure? I'm Meg Stiles. This is my leaving party. And that song we're making a mockery of? That's written by one of the biggest rock stars in the world. And I'm moving in with him tomorrow. Seriously! I am not even joking. Well, maybe I'm misleading you a little bit. You see, I haven't actually met him yet ...No, I'm not a stalker. I'm his new PA. His Personal Assistant. And I am off to La-La Land. Los Angeles. The City of Angels - whatever you want to call it - and I can't bloody believe it! Celebrity PA to wild boy of rock Johnny Jefferson, Meg's glam new life in sun-drenched LA is a whirlwind of showbiz parties and backstage passes. Cool, calm Christian, in town to write his famous friend's biography, helps keep Meg's feet firmly on the ground. But with Johnny's piercing green eyes and a body Brad Pitt would kill for, how long will it be before she's swept right off them again?

No comments:

Post a Comment