Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Spirit Willing Flesh Weak by Julie Cohen

****4 stars
After reading a book of hers last fall, I have become a fan! I finished my book and went out and ordered more, which I have been saving to read in between other titles. As with all her books, this is a solid read with a great storyline. She has such a fresh voice and I adore her characters. I wasn't too sure about this book when I read the jacket summary, but figured it looked cute and would try it out. I am a bit skeptical when it comes to the supernatural, as was the male character lead. If you are a fan of Julie Cohen or romance you will definitely enjoy this book. I look forward to a couple more I have stashed for a later date ;)

Book Jacket Summary:
Rosie Fox is a liar. A really, really good liar. But when you’re a stage psychic who’s not actually psychic, you have to be. Then one night, while pretending to commune with the dead relatives and pets of her audience, Rosie makes a startling prediction – which tragically comes true. Suddenly she’s trapped in a media frenzy, spearheaded by the impossibly handsome journalist Harry Blake, a man intent on kick-starting his stalled career by exposing Rosie as a fraud. Yet when his interest in her goes from professional to personal, she thinks she can trust him not to blow her cover – but maybe she’s making a huge mistake.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it, KK, and I hope you like the other ones you've got, too.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete